Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm one of the lucky ladies...

I know I can't be the only person in the world to experience 'morning sickness' during the first trimester of pregnancy, but I guess everyone else is able to resist it!!! I CAN'T DEAL!

First of all...it's definitely not a morning thing...that would be an understatement. It's an ALL DAY, EVERY DAY sort of thing. Second of all, no one told me it includes heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach (but no diarrhea), and my personal favorite...vomiting...and for no reason. That's the best part. For example, I will devour something DELICIOUS (which, by the way, is hard to do because a lot of food smells really repulsive to me...) and when I'm finished, I'll throw it alllllll up. And then I'll go back for seconds because I'm still hungry. The whole process doesn't make ANY sense to me...I get a stomach ache because I'm hungry...so I eat something...and then I have a stomach ache because I ate something...it's so dang FRUSTRATING. I would never wish it on anyone. And, no, it's not all in my head.

But thankfully I have a loving husband who knows the how to take care of me. He's with me every time I'm bent over a toilet, gently rubbing my back and sticking it out like a trooper (even though he's secretly gagging behind my back, haha). He caters to my every craving whether that's running to the store to buy me some juice or taking me to Dairy Queen to get me some ice cream. He rubs my back when it hurts, rubs my tummy when it's upset, and rubs my feet when I just want some lovin'. He is my hero. I love you Jeffrey!!!

I'm so excited to be pregnant, and I'm so happy to have this little person growing inside me, a little spirit to bring into the world...a precious child to love and adore...

...but I can't wait for this trimester to die.

2 comments:

Curtis + Dani Welton said...

awww I'm sorry I can only imagine how bad it is. Hope you feel better.

Matt said...

Oh i remember those days of bending over the toilet...Matt rubbed my back/held my hair for the first couple months...and then over time he slowly moved away...sometimes he'd be standing in the bathroom talking to me while I was throwing up...or sitting out on the couch in a completely other room....I don't blame though....