Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This last week's going-on's

So this weather is amazing, yeah?? Oh, I LOVE it!!

You know what else I love? Jeffrey.

And you know what else? I love baby growing in my belly. Haha, he's getting so big--it's to the point where he can hardly move anymore, so instead of somersaults and flips and cartwheels, he's attacking my whole belly with elbows and knees and his litte fists. It's fun to watch, but sometimes just a wee uncomfortable :)

Speaking of this little baby, I've only got about 2 weeks until the due date...I'm already a little dilated and 60% effaced...whatever all that means. All I know is that he's coming, and it's coming SOON.

Once again, I'm stealing one of Emily's ideas...this is our paper chain leading to the due date...the red is if I go past the due date...hopefully I won't have to use any of them.

Last Saturday my sister-in-law, Meaghan, got married to Lukas in the Mesa, Arizona temple. It was a beautiful day and absolutely perfect. Everything turned out wonderfully--Meaghan looked gorgeous, the reception was a blast, and everyone had a great time. I was actually asked by Meaghan if I would be one of her bridesmaids, in which I replied, "Well if you don't mind a fat pregnant lady in your line, sure!" Haha, I had a really fun time being a part of her special day...maybe a little TOO much fun, only because I was paying for it the next day...I could hardly move!!! It didn't help either that I totally biffed it and bruised my knee up--funny story:

So I was walking over to Jeff to ask him a question when my left heel (I specifically wore flats to avoid any injury...but aparently the half-inch heels on my flats were still too much) anyway, my left heel slid from underneath me and I went crashing to the ground and fell on my right knee...in my rush to get up so I could avoid any embarrassment, I stepped on my dress and fell again in the same position...by that time it was too late to avoid everyone's staring eyes and the flocks of people rushing to my side to help the clumbsy prego. Haha, I felt so dumb, and thankfully there was a logical explanation to my slip--we found some water on the ground, which is what I blamed any time any one asked. I walked, red-faced, over to Jeff, who was literally 5 feet away, and said, Did you not see me fall??

Jeff: You fell?

In other news (although it's not really news...), yesterday Jeff and I had fun spending time with his family for FHE. We ate some delicious soup that his momma made, then carved pumpkins, ate some homemade caramel apples, and watched Charlie Brown's 'The Great Pumpkin.' I'm sad that I didn't have my camera with me while we were there so I could show you all the different pumpkins that we all carved, but this one was ours...

Isn't it cute?? I definitely didn't do it free hand, so i can't take credit for the idea, but it was pretty dang hard!! I'm surprised it came out so well! I'm sad that it's already getting mushy, but those silly pumpkins never last more than a day or so once you cut into them...

So who thinks I'm going to be early with this baby?

:)

5 comments:

Matt said...

My prediction is Nov 10th :)

Noelle said...

I heard you should put vaseline on the cuts to seal them and the pumpkin would last longer. It looks fabulous, great job. I don't really wanna predict for your baby, but I hope for your sake that he comes early =)

Jen Western said...

That's a pretty funny story there, Rachael! I couldn't help but laugh. I can't believe you only have two more weeks before you have a baby!

JeniLynn said...

My guess is November 9!

danielle said...

It's coming this next weekend. For me. <3 Wyatt and I are co-conspirators.