Tuesday, May 12, 2009

14 Weeks...and my First Doctor's Appointment

Today was my first appointment with the baby doctor!! It was a fantastic experience...

Before I go on, let's dissect the word fantastic...just so we're all on the same page here...


FAN*TAS*TIC: adjective: odd and remarkable; bizarre; grotesque; marvelous


Okay, great. Now we all understand my plethora of emotions and why I felt them...yes?

No?? What don't you understand about my day being bizarre and marvelous at the same time?

Well, okay, fine, besides being completely unclothed under a thin sheet of nothingness and having my first ever pap smear (Jeff: What's a pap smear?), today was the most incredible day of my life. I heard my sweet baby's heartbeat. I almost cried I was so overwhelmed. It was bizzare, but most definitely marvelous...it's so strange to me...and having heard it, makes it all so much more REAL. I have a little baby inside me!!!!!!! And it's ALIVE!

I had Jeff come with me, mostly because I didn't want to go by myself, but also because I wanted to share the experience with him. After all...it is his baby too...
(I'm just doing all the work!!)

...after we heard the heartbeat and the doctor left, Jeff was all about trying to master the sound of the heartbeat...
If anybody wants a reenactment, Jeff's got it down :)

So anyway, after the heartbeat, I was measured and told that I'm right where I'm supposed to be, I got a nice breast exam, and then I had some blood drawn (Jeff was on the verge of freaking out...HAHAHAHA! I don't have any issues with it...) Oh, and the OFFICIAL DUE DATE is November 12th. I was one day off. Oh well.

I'm so happy and so pleased...I can't wait to meet him/her!

Our next adventure is set for June 9...that's our first ultrasound, and when we get to find out the sex of the baby :)


3 comments:

Matt said...

Very exciting! You're doing great :)

Curtis and Dani Welton said...

Yay after your next appointment you can start getting the babys room all ready! Let me know if you need a shopping buddy, Curtis doenst let me go into the baby aisle when I go shopping with him :(

Ramone and Emilie Nez said...

oh my goodness that is sooo great im glad to hear that all is well with you and the baby.