Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sedona Trip

This Labor Day weekend I'm glad to say that I did NOT go into labor...
...even though my 7 month pregnant self did go on a hike!
Jeff and I went with Matt and Shannon and Jacob...
...this is the before shot...
It wasn't a very hard hike, thankfully...it was 5 miles roundtrip and the weather was gorgeous. There were only a few times where I really needed a breather...
I did notice though that I got winded a whole lot easier with these 20 extra pounds packed on...

We drove to Sedona to take this hike...it's so beautiful up there!

The views were fantastic!

We found some wild grapes off to the side...

...don't worry...we didn't eat any...
(but we could have...)
Here we are, posing on a huge fallen tree...

Annnnnd this is the ride home...I think I was awake in the car for a total of 10 minutes before crashing into slumber....
(As did Shannon, Jacob and Jeff...poor Matt had to stay awake to drive us all home safely)
And here we are, safe and sound, back in Mesa...
It was an awesome little day trip. I'm glad we were able to spend it with family and friends :)

2 comments:

Curtis and Dani Welton said...

What a nice little vacation. I love getting away even if it is just for the day.

Susan said...

Makes me really miss AZ and all of the beautiful scenery like this and the hikes. We really miss the people too, but at least we can keep in touch with them. LOL! You look so cute and pregnant.