Thursday, July 21, 2011

Rhode Island Part II

This "Part II" is really just the last day I was there...I just took so many pictures that day I decided to make it it's own post. So there.

This is the front door to Danielle's abode...and her lovely garden (that she has never had to maintain...it just flourishes.)



She has lavendar growing in her front yard. And she didn't even know.

Oh, so I suppose you're all wanting to know what it was we did that day, that would consume a whole day...WELL FIRST of all...I slept in until 11am. And that never happens. I was shocked and pleased at the same time. AND after that we went out for breakfast at the Modern Diner and I had mascarpone-filled french toast, with homemade blueberry syrup...be jealous because it was amazing. AND THEN...we went back to the house to prepare to go...KAYAKING!!

Awww! Danielle being domestic in her apron making the bacon for our lunch!

Yes. That is a mini-cooper with 2 kayaks on top. Awesome.

I BELIEVE we went to Ninigret Pond...which is bascially the southern border of Rhode Island...

There were really shallow parts where you could see the fish and jellyfish and crabs...


Oh, and Robert decided he wanted to try out a paddleboard...he did really well!



AGAIN, Danielle! Haha!

We beached oursevles for lunch and so that we could take a look around and catch some stuff...


I'm holding a comb jellyfish...you can kind of see the shadow on my palm...



...there were hermit crabs EVERYWHERE.





Again, absolutely dreamy. I had so much fun.

1 comment:

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

SO GREEN! I am glad you were able to go for a visit.