Thursday, September 1, 2011

I know you're in there...

When I went to get my ultrasound 3 weeks ago the technician told me I have an anterior placenta.
Which, of course, is fine, it just means the egg implanted on the far side of my uterus, closest to my belly button...which means that the placenta is in between me and the baby, causing a lovely cushion...and that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I have had a hard time feeling this baby boy move.

Now, it doesn't mean I haven't felt him at all, because I have, but at first it was REALLY hard to distinguish it as a real kick (and it only happened about a week ago)
...I figured this time around in pregnancy it would be super easy to know, and that I'd probably feel him a lot earlier, but not my luck.

WELL, being that this little guy is the size of an heirloom tomato...
...and during the ultrasound he was bouncing off the walls...
...and given the fact that I've been feeling him a lot more rencently...
...I decided to see if Jeff could finally feel him.

So last night we decided to watch a movie, and I had Jeff hold his hand on my tummy until he could feel something. With Wyatt I was about 18 weeks when I felt him move and I actually SAW it too...with this one, I'm already 19 weeks and have only felt some subtle movements on the inside--nothing that would translate to the outer world. Meaning, I've held my own hand to my stomach and couldn't feel anything when I did feel it on the inside...it's really weird.
ANWYAY, we watched the movie, (and ate homemade mango/raspberry milkshakes), and I'd ask "Did you feel that?" every 5 minutes or so...nothing.

So I shook up his world a bit. Literally.

And THEN, baby boy decided to make a big show, and he did a nice somersault for dad...
Perfect.

2 comments:

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

It is nuts that you are half finished already. Absolute craziness.

Curtis and Dani Welton said...

I'm not sure whether I'm more jealous of the homemade milkshake or that you have a little baby moving inside you. ;)