Friday, March 10, 2017

STORY TIME!!

 Just so you all know, because I was totally unaware, it's already MARCH TENTH.

...yeah.

February is gone and I'm not sure how that went by so fast, but it did, and so here's a little recap of last month:

...

I've been gradually letting Olivia eat by herself, which is shocking on my part because I usually don't let my kids attempt this until they're almost 2.
....wait. 

She IS almost 2.

....siiiiiiiigh...
Well anyway, she's the messiest eater in the world, and instead of going crazy, I mostly find it adorable and endearing. Which is, again, shocking considering I hate any and all messes.

I swear, having a girl has made me soft. And though I REALLY don't like cleaning up her constant messes, life is less stressful when I don't sweat the little things.

Take a breath.
Let it go.
Let her be.
It's really not a big deal anyway.

Plus she's just freaking adorable.

Wyatt, for the most part, enjoys school. He still has days that get the best of him, and he still has a little more maturing to do, but he tries hard to be good. His favorite subject right now is art and so when Valentine's Day came around he was super excited to put his valentines together for his classmates.

We also got our own valentine from Wyatt when we met with his teacher (whom we love) for parent teacher conference. I still have a hard time believing I'm actually old enough to attend these things, but...here I am.

I knew February would be the last month of winter weather, so I threw the kids outside during a cold, rainy day so they could savor these last moments...
...it was probably more for me, I guess. I loooooove a good, cold rain.
They did too, so win/win.

Livvy is the cutest little girl in the entire world, but no matter how hard I try to dress her up, she always finds a way to wiggle out of being prim and proper. Ha, like I care. She's still the cutest little girl playing in the dirt, making a self-proclaimed mess.

Ahhhhh, Belgian waffles...need I say more?

Jeff had a random day off during the week, so we decided to make a fun day out of it and take him to the train park in Scottsdale. It's amazing what another adult can do to lift the stress off of a normal outing! It was beautiful outside, so we let the kids run around and enjoy themselves.
 Oh, also there was ice cream. That obviously made it significantly better.

Wyatt has always had an interest in cooking and so it came as no surprise to me when he told me he wants to be a chef when he grows up. That could always change, of course, but in the meantime I decided it would be okay to let him help me out with dinner every now and then, especially since he asks almost nightly if there's anything he can do.
 I also gave him his first knife lesson...it was a lot less scary than I thought it would be.
...though...it was still a little scary, even though he did very well.

I don't know what it is about sleeping children, but I LOVE them.

My best friend (of 25+ years) was celebrating her parent's birthdays, and since they're like second parents to me, I was also invited to the party! As well as MY parent's since they are also friends...

I seriously have this problem of constantly wanting to match my children in clothing. I know it's embarrassing, but...I mean, come ON! We're so adorable!

And finally, this is me documenting the little monkey before she falls off and breaks her head. I kid you not, the girl loves bouncing on my bed like it's a trampoline! But put her on the trampoline and all you'll get are sreams and panicked resistance. It's fine though...right? That monkey rhyme isn't a real thing...

No comments: