Friday, July 17, 2009

4th of July weekend

It's been a while, but for the 4th of July weekend I went up with Jeff's family to his grandparent's cabin in Concho...it's located near Pinetop and Taylor and Showlow...it was really nice to get away for a weekend and not have any responsiblities for the time being. Plus it was GREAT to get away from the valley heat. Like...REALLY great. I loved it. Having this little bundle of joy in my belly provides me an extra warmth that I'm not used to.

So anyway, while we were up there on the 120+ acres of land, we were able to go shooting!! It wasn't anything extravagant, but we had fun shooting a .22 and a little pistol...which surprisingly, the pistol had a greater kick and sound than the .22
We were also able to go to the Taylor Rodeo on the 4th of July...
I hadn't been to a rodeo since I was really little...
It was very entertaining.
My favorite part was either watching the fireworks...or eating the Indian frybread :)


5 comments:

Curtis and Dani Welton said...

Indian Fry bread is so good! Yummmmm

Matt said...

Jeff shoots like a girl!

Noelle said...

I love fry bread--but just because you can put honey and powdered sugar on it. Yay for cooler weather. And you have the cutest baby bump ever. Yep.

Cook Zoo said...

You are still so tiny! You look great!

Is there really a contest between fireworks and fry bread? Cuz you know it's the fry bread, right? ;)

Jeff and Rachael Downs said...

at least i dont look like a girl matt!! haha

Jeff