Monday, July 27, 2009

My pregnancy this past 25 weeks...

So I'm stealing this from my friend Emily's blog...I thought it was cute and funny, and even though I'm not full term, I was bored so here we go...

Workout Routine:
HahahahaHAHAHAhahahaAHA. I wish. I have problems motivating myself to workout. It's not that I don't like to be in shape (although it's pretty impossible to be any other shape than ROUND at this point) and I love being active, but I don't have a routine. I'd consider my working out very spontaneous. I go swimming once a week and I have taken some brisk walks. I climb the stairs every day at least 10 times a day...if that counts :) I think once it starts to cool off I'll be more willing to go outside and walk more.

Most Surprising Symptom:
Lack of sleep. I find myself waking up a couple different times during the night to get more comfortable. Having a huge belly in front of you makes things super complicated when you only have two positions to lie in--on your left side or on your right side.

Favorite Part:
Feeling the baby move. It's the strangest sensation in the world, and I love it. Sometimes it takes me by surprise, but it's fun to feel him move from one side of my belly to the other. Jeff thinks it's awesome that when he talks to my belly sometimes the baby will move just for him.

Most Terrifying Part:
Bringing the baby home. I'm afraid I won't know what to do! (And in all honesty, I'm not too worried about the labor process...I'm actually kind of excited for the experience...)

Most Frequent Craving:
I haven't had one craving that has lasted the entire 25 weeks. I have had cravings that last periods of time though. At first I didn't crave anything because just the thought of food made me vomit. But once I passed the first trimester I was craving Spaghetti-O's and toast, and then Pete's Fish and Chips for a couple of weeks, then I really wanted Olive Garden...I've also had cravings for cookies and See's chocolate. But every day has a new craving, really. It just depends on what I smell and if I really want it.

Most Annoying Symptom:
Backaches. I don't know what brings it on, or when it's coming, but I do know that Tylenol is my best friend.

Weirdest Symptom:
Congestion. I feel like I've had a stuffed up nose for the past 5 months. But then again, I sneeze and have a runny nose at the same time. It's so weird. I was thinking about how many times a normal person sneezes in one day, and it's probably only once or twice, if that. I, on the other hand, sneeze about 20 times a day. No joke. Ask Jeff. He knows to wait for the 3rd sneeze in a row before saying, Bless you!

Funniest Memory (So Far):
My funniest memory probably isn't very appropriate...well, not that it's inappropriate, it's just...uncomfortable. We all have to go through this at some point so...get over it. My first baby doctor appointment I had my very first pelvic exam/pap smear/what-the-heck-is-she-doing-to-me experience. I was fortunate enough to have Jeff come with me so that I wouldn't be alone and so nervous. Well, he thought the whole ordeal was amusing and it was like payback for laughing at him when he got a prostrate exam. Too much info, I know. But it was HILARIOUS.

Weight Gain (25 weeks):
Starting Weight: 127 lbs
First Trimester: Didn't gain anything
Current Weight: 140 lbs

5 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

Yay! Isn't pregnancy great?! It took me FOREVER to come up with all of those topics so I hope you appreciate all of the thinking I did for you. :-) It is quite the compliment when someone mentions you on their blog so thank you!

Jeff and Rachael Downs said...

I appreciate your thinking very much, thank you! It was a fun blog to write!!

Sam and Jen Western said...

I enjoyed reading it on both of your blogs!! Oh the joys to look forward to!

Cook Zoo said...

Very cute! My favorite part was always feeling them move. It makes my heart all warm and fuzzy just remembering it. :)

Cook Zoo said...

P.S. I didn't know what to do with a baby at first either, but don't worry. You learn FAST! ;)