Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Nursery

So we've started on the nursery...it's not completely finished, but give me time...
Here's the room all taped up...kind of a 'before' shot...even though the real 'before' shot was when the room was full of boxes and our ironing board...

Here's Jeff shaking up the one of the paint cans...
I'm pretty sure he did most all of the work, and I'm so grateful he's a handyman. I helped tape the room...actually...I just taped over the electric outlets. Hahaha, Jeff and his brother Matt did the rest of the taping. Oh yeah! I put down the plastic on the floor. That was my contribution. And I picked out the paint colors.

...Jeff opening up a can of paint...

I didn't get any shots of Jeff in the process of painting because I was asleep the whole time...the whole 4 or 5 hours it took him...
Oops.
He did a really good job though...thanks sweetheart!
It's hard to see the colors very well because the lighting in the room isn't all that great...plus they're pastel colors...
Now, like I said it's not completely finished...we're still planning on putting white chair railing around the room where the white line separates the yellow and green...and then I'm planning on decorating with classic pooh...

And here's Jeff another night putting up the crib...
Once again, all him...
I...supervised...
There were a ton of pieces...

And here's the finished product!! It's really nice...not only is it a crib, but there's a changing table, a clothes hamper, shelves, and a storage drawer underneath...
Now I get to start decorating!!

6 comments:

Curtis and Dani Welton said...

cuuuuuute.

Celeste said...

How fun to start decorating the baby's room! I cant wait to see it with all the winnie-the-pooh stuff. Your baby crib/accesories look gorgeous :)

Shannon said...

so cute!

Noelle said...

I love the color you chose for the furniture. Good job Jeff for doing exactly what Rachael wanted =)

Jen Western said...

It's looking so good! Finishing a paint job is so rewarding... especially if your hubby did all the work :)

Cook Zoo said...

Jeff is a keeper. He painted while you slept? That is EXACTLY how it should be and I'm so glad he knows it! You're busy growing a baby after all! :)

So far the room looks great. I love the colors!