Thursday, December 19, 2013

BassPro madness.

I'd heard earlier in the month that BassPro had a free Santa, with a whole lot of other kid-friendly activities and I really wanted to take the boys. I've never taken my kids to see Santa, nor do I have any memories of sitting on Santa's lap and telling him what I wanted for Christmas. (This isn't completely accurate, since Jeff's dad dresses up as Santa during family Christmas parties, and I remember a Santa or two during my ward Christmas parties growing up. I'm just referring to the mall-type of Santa experience.) We got there after dinner, and it was chaos. I mean, completely packed. The line was super long, and the passes they were handing out for later times were all gone. My dad happened to find a pass for 8:30pm, but even then, it would have been a 2+ hour wait. We tried to keep the kids entertained with other things (and let's be honest, I could spend forever in that store, trying to look at everything) but the kids were getting cranky, and fast. The chances of having happy children to sit on Santa's lap were narrowing as each minute went by, and we ended up leaving after an hour. We still had a pretty fun time though, and rode the merry-go-round a couple of times, rode up and down the elevator, checked out all the animals and fish, and let the boys play for a bit. But then we went home. Without seeing Santa. I haven't decided if I want to go back during the day, but if we don't, I know we'll see Santa soon anyway :)







No comments: