Friday, February 7, 2014

Gilbert Temple open house

It's been a few weeks now, but our family finally had the opportunity to go to the Gilbert Temple open house! It seemed like everyone I knew had already been through it and seen it, so I was super anxious by the time we went. It was beautiful. And breath-taking. And HUGE!
We went on a Saturday afternoon and it was packed. The boys were a little cranky (Wyatt had refused to take his nap) but overall, they did well. I was in charge of Wyatt, while Jeff held Logan, and it was fun to point out things and talk with Wyatt, especially since we've been observing the Temple the whole time it was being built. He was definitely excited when I told him we were going inside. His favorite parts included going up and down the multiple flights of stairs, the baptismal font ("Can I go swimming??"), the chandeliers ("Is that CANDY?!"), and all the pictures of Jesus ("Look Mom! It's Jesus! And another Jesus!" referring to the picture of John the Baptist baptizing Jesus). It was a really enjoyable experience, and although it felt a bit rushed, I know I'll have more time to enjoy it later. The open house is ending soon, but if you have any questions or would like to go, visit this website for more information.






No comments: