Thursday, June 4, 2015

for the third time

Okay, so maybe you do want to see the process of my weight gain...

...seeing as it was for another human and all...

Also, I like remembering things, so we're headed for a trip down memory lane...

If you may recall, Jeff started his "new" job in March of last year, I quit my job in April, and by May we were thinking about babies. (And that's not really true, I'd been thinking about babies for a while, but I'd been suppressing the urge.) I'm kinda picky when it comes to the month I deliver in (I like to avoid summer months), so I had it planned out that we would start trying in June with the hopes of a pregnancy ending in March or April. But after two months of trying and not getting pregnant, I gave in and decided we'd try one more time for a May baby...and that's what we got!

I wanted to announce my pregnancy at Halloween at 12 weeks, and even though Jeff initially complied, he couldn't wait longer than 7 weeks. So our immediate family was informed with the help of Wyatt and Logan wearing shirts that said they were going to be big brothers. It took a while for people to notice, so Jeff had to help everyone along, haha!

And then the rest of the world found out when I wore this shirt at Halloween...
...even though I didn't post it on social media until mid-November...
...oops.

The reason for that delay had EVERYTHING to do with the horrid all-day sickness I experienced up until 24 weeks. Ugh!!

Around the same time I announced to the world I was pregnant, I had already found out the gender! A GIRL!!! But I waited another few weeks to post that...

20 weeks, and just home from the Downs' Christmas trip to Disneyland.

25 weeks, and FINALLY feeling better!

27 weeks, and celebrating the only holiday I'd never been pregnant over!

30 weeks, and feeling huge!


35 weeks
By this point I was feeling overwhelmingly tired. I was over being pregnant and really wanted to be done. I spent a lot of time at home in my bed or on the couch--much like the first half of my pregnancy.


At 36 weeks, my girlfriends and I had a girl's day out and literally spent the entire day shopping (or eating). My body hated me the next day. I'm not sure how sane I was when I decided that would be a good idea...

39 weeks, and no sign of baby!

My labor and delivery story will be for another post, but I did want to follow with tradition and write down a few other memories...
Here's Wyatt's and Logan's

WORKOUT ROUTINE: I've always been bad at working out in general, so I'm counting the countless trips up and down the stairs in my house as a workout routine. At least I did it every day!

MOST SURPRISING SYMPTOM: Swollen legs, feet, and especially ankles! I'd never had any swelling with my other two, except for maybe at the very end when I'd been walking a lot, but this time around I was swelling ALL THE TIME! Any time my feet weren't up or horizontal with my body, I was swollen. Ugh. After I had Olivia, the swelling took some time to disperse, but I swear, most of the weight I lost was water weight!

FAVORITE PART: This time my favorite part was actually SEEING her! I'd only ever had one ultrasound with each other pregnancy, but I had a new doctor this time, who had an ultrasound tech in his office, so I had FOUR ultrasounds, one of which was 3D. There wasn't anything wrong with my pregnancy or the baby, my doctor just liked to check in on her I guess, and I didn't complain!

MOST TERRIFYING PART: My weight gain, haha! The numbers just kept going up and up and up...

INTERESTING FACT: I measured exactly according to my due date, every time. My ultrasounds were even exact to the day, it was amazing.

MOST FREQUENT CRAVING: Ice. And then I discovered popsicles--the flavored ice of my dreams. Don't ask me why I hadn't made that connection before, I have no clue.

MOST ANNOYING SYMPTOM: The heartburn from hell. I would eat ICE and get heartburn. I guess it paid off because she sure has a lot of hair.

WEIRDEST SYMPTOM: I developed pretty bad back pain around 18 weeks and had it for a month or two and then it disappeared. The weird thing about it was that I didn't have it when I was huge pregnant!

FUNNIEST MEMORY: While confined to the couch during the first couple of months I began watching the series Call the Midwife. I'd usually watch it during naptime or after the boys had gone to bed, mostly for convenience and uninterrupted silence, but Wyatt was able to catch a few episodes and thereby connect a few dots about how the baby was going to come out. Obviously the show wasn't explicit, but every time a mother was in labor and he saw/heard her labor pain he would dance around with a worried look on his face and say, "Make it stop! Go to a different part! What's happening to her??" and then I'd calm him down and explain what was happening. Then, as if to clarify, he asked if the baby was going to come out of my penis...

WEIGHT GAIN: Starting weight: 147 lbs, ending weight: 175 lbs--heaviest I've ever been!! I'm already back to my pre-pregnancy weight though, and I can't wait to start toning this body! I'm so mushy, haha!

No comments: