Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Marriage Survey

1. Where did you meet your spouse for the first time?
At a swim party in the Hardings' backyard

2. What is your spouse's full name:
Jeffrey Michael Downs

3. Do you have any house pets:
3 cats: Rascal, Merlin, and Mim

4. Do you own a house or rent:
Own a house

5. Do you live in the country or city:
...the city, but it's on the outskirts...we both like to pretend we live in the country, which we would prefer.

6. What is one of your favorite activities together:
Well, now that Wyatt is here, we don't really have any alone time together, so our activities usually include Wyatt--we love to make him smile. But if we had alone time, we both really enjoy going to dinner and a movie

7. Do you have a favorite vacation spot:
The Northland

8. When did you first kiss?
On our third date. In his truck. It was steamy.

9. What church do you attend?
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

10. Where were you married?
Mesa AZ Temple

11. What town is your current address at:
Gilbert

12. Do you work or stay at home:
Right now I'm staying at home, being a momma (but that's work too...). I will be going back to work work in a month though :(

13. Where did you go on your honeymoon:
We went to Coronado Island...it was fabulous.

14.What was the funniest gift you gave when dating?
We didn't really have any 'funny' gifts...

15. Who asked who out?
TECHNICALLY, I asked him out. But it was only after he asked his brother to convince me that I needed to ask him out...yeah.

16. How old are each of you?
He'll be 25 in March, and I just turned 22

17.Where do you each work or go to school?
He works with his Dad at Cactus, and I work at TFS. School is in the works. Promise.

18. Did you go to the same school?
Yes, but not at the same time

19. Are you from the same home town?
I was born in the Netherlands, but I grew up here...so yes.

20. Who is smarter?
We are both smart in our own areas

21. Who is more sensitive?
Probably me.

22.Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Carrabba's (this is pre-baby, mind you)

23. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Wyoming

24.Who has the craziest exes?
I think he does. But his would be singular...'ex.'

25. Who has the worse temper?
We each have a different sort of temper...I tend to get upset more quickly, but I'm not explosive. It takes Jeff FOREVER to get really mad, but when he does, WATCH OUT!! Hahaha, so which would you consider worse??

26. Who does the cooking?
Usually I do. But I think Jeff would if he came home earlier and wasn't so tired.

27. Who is more social?
Jeff

28. Who is the neat-freak?
That would be me. I'm a little psycho sometimes. Jeff will vouch for me.

29. Who is more stubborn?
We're tied in that area.

30. Who hogs the bed?
We're pretty good at sharing...it might be because we have a King-sized bed, though.

31. Who wakes up earlier?
That depends on when Wyatt wakes up :)

32. Where was your first date?
It was a musical production at ASU Gammage...Saints and Pioneers, Thursday Sept 28, 2006, 8:00PM (I still have the ticket stub)

33.Who had more boyfriends/girlfriends?
...me.

34. Do you get flowers often?
Not usually. Just for special occasions.

35. How do you spend the holidays?
With both our families.

36. How long did it take to get serious?
We're STILL not serious...haha.

37. Who eats more?
Jeff, DUH!

38. Who does the laundry?
Usually me. But Jeff helps out now and then.

39. Who’s better with the computer?
I don't know. We both know the basics. I'd say me though, just because I grew up with my Dad, who's a computer tech


40. Leave a piece of advice for the other couples.
Marriage should be selfless...I think you'll be the most happy when you put the other person's happiness before your own.

2 comments:

Curtis and Dani Welton said...

awwww Can you believe your 3 year anniversary is coming up! Awesome.

Jen Western said...

I love this! I am stealing it, just thought I would let you know. :)