It's my first day as a mother of two...
(because technically, while my mom was here the week after Logan was born, I never had both of them on my own)
...and here's what I've been up to so far:
- I woke up to Wyatt wanting to come into my bed and cuddle...a few minutes later, around 7:30am, Logan woke up to be fed
- I fed Logan and tried to keep Wyatt from smothering him with his over-enthusiastic love
- Logan fell back asleep right after he was done eating, so I put him back to bed in his crib
- I turned on Sesame Street for Wyatt while I went downstairs to sterilize some bottles and my breast pump (I decided since I'm still semi-engorged I might as well start up a little supply)
- I came back upstairs and pumped breast milk
- I turned off the TV and changed Wyatt's diaper and put clothes on him
- We were headed downstairs for breakfast when Wyatt decided to yell really loud and woke Logan up...so I went in to get Logan and found that he had soaked through his pajamas, his blanket, the crib sheet and the crib pad (my fault for not changing him before)...SO, I took him out, laid him on a towel on the floor, and pulled off the sheets
- I then put new sheets and blankets in the crib
- I gathered all Logan's dirty laundry in one hand, held Logan in the other, and told Wyatt to come downstairs with me, and I started the wash.
- I put Wyatt in his highchair and gave him a banana to munch on (Logan still in my one arm)
- I cleaned out one side of the sink so I could start running warm water for Logan's bath
- I went back upstairs, with Logan, still pee-soaked, and gathered his bath towel, new clothes, a diaper, and wipes
- I gave Wyatt some dry cereal
- I undressed Logan, changed his diaper, bathed him, dried him off, put lotion on his body, dressed him and combed his hair
- I fed Logan again, while Wyatt made a crumby mess...and pooped.
- Logan fell back asleep and I walked back upstairs to put him in his crib
- I walked back downstairs, swept the floor around Wyatt, pulled him out of his highchair, and washed his hands and face
- I emptied the dishwasher and loaded it (I thought I might as well since I was still downstairs and Wyatt loves it)
- I went back upstairs and changed Wyatt's diaper (I foresee potty-training in near future?)
- I folded his clean laundry that had been sitting there for a few days
- I went back downstairs to make myself some oatmeal, and left Wyatt in his room, playing with toys
- While the oatmeal was cooling, I got the laundry out of the washing machine and separated it (some goes in the dryer, some doesn't)
- Wyatt had come back downstairs at this point (I think he smelled my oatmeal) and he sat in my lap while we ate it together
- I went back upstairs and hung up the wet laundry to dry
It's now only noon, and I feel like the day should be over. It's not like this every day, right??
Am I done yet? Nope, not for another 20 years...