Monday, January 2, 2012

my not-so-big big boy

...as you may (or may not) remember, one of Wyatt's birthday presents was a new "big boy" bed. We didn't go and get it until black Friday though, and even then, it's still taken another month to get it put up. We're big slackers, I know. But lately I've got the nesting bug, and I decided it needed to go up...NOW.

...something about the impending birth of another child and the need of the crib for said child.

So Wyatt was booted out of the nursery and his crib all in one day, and we moved him into the spare bedroom...New Year's was his first time in the new bunk beds, and although he was already asleep by the time we put him in the bed, he slept soundly through the night. And thankfully his transition since has been pretty easy. He did wake up last night crying, but was fine as soon as I found his binky and put him back in bed. It's low enough to the floor that he can get himself in and out and I'm not too worried about him falling out. 

Just woke up from a nap!

He loves his sheets and points out every car and bike and truck...


The one thing I'm not ready for is his newfound freedom. Now that he can freely get out of bed whenever he likes, I'm worried about the messes I might find if I don't wake up before him...

BUT...

...he did surprise me this morning by waking up and coming right to me...all of a sudden I heard the little rustle of his diaper and when I opened my eyes he was at the side of my bed wanting to cuddle. So we laid in bed for another 30 minutes while I tried to wake up...

1 comment:

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

Those sheets are super cute. I can't believe Wyatt is so big. Wow.