Thursday, December 20, 2012

sweet little nothings.

Once upon a time...

...oh, nevermind.

I've been in one of those moods lately where I don't really want to do ANYTHING on the computer...
(it probably has something to do with the fact that I'm sick of work--and I'm ALWAYS on the computer there...)

Anyway...I've still been taking pictures (with my new phone!!) and I was planning on doing posts with them, but I figured I'd just mush it all into one.

...

Any time the sun is in Wyatt's eyes he knows he can ask me for my sunglasses, and most of those times I don't need them...
(and for the times I do need them, and he can't have them, it's not so good for the rest of us in the car while he whines and complains...any suggestions on where I can find cute, affordable kid's sunglasses?)

He is the biggest drama queen (or king?) sometimes.


A few months ago I made a discovery...
...while trying to make dinner one night I realized Logan wasn't with me anymore, so I figured Jeff had him, and meanwhile Jeff thought I had him...
...after a while I noticed he had started crying and wasn't stopping, so on my way to find Jeff I realized he wasn't with Jeff, but that he was at the top of the stairs, by himself, sitting in the dark.
Oops. 
And that's when we realized he could climb the stairs.
ANYWAY, my point is, now it's one of his favorite things to do. He and Wyatt will race up the stairs together while Jeff or I chase after them like we're "gonna get you!!"


...and lastly...
We've taken the binky away.
It's been rough.
For both sides.
It happened suddenly when we left Wyatt's last binky at the grandparents' house, and so since we'd been wanting to wean him off of it for a while now anyway, we figured we'd just have him go cold turkey.
Yikes.
It the hardest at nap-time because if I don't rock him to sleep, he won't go to sleep at all. And now that he doesn't have his binky, it takes an EXTRA long time for him to fall asleep. And if I decide to put him in bed awake, he'll stay awake and cause havoc, and it ruins any plans I might have had to do work around the house. 
Soooo...maybe he doesn't need a nap, you think?? 
Not true. 
If he doesn't get a nap he'll either 1. Be a grouch, 2. Fall asleep later because he's so tired, or 3. all of the above.
Night time isn't much better either because he constantly gets out of bed and we are having to continuously put him back in it...
It's driving me nuts.
I've thought about giving him back his binky more than once, but I'm staying strong...

...

The was a miraculous day when he fell asleep without his binky in less than 15 minutes....


...and that's a little bit of my life right now!
ONLY 5 MORE DAYS TO CHRISTMAS, PEOPLE!!

1 comment:

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

I've been considering nixing the binky too. But I dunno if I'm ready to give up the ease of "here is your binky and your blanket, have a nice nap."

I'm glad Wyatt is adjusting for you.