Wednesday, July 24, 2013

lately

 For some reason it always seems summertime is slower than the rest of the year...at least, it is that way for me. I know for those in school, summer vacation probably flies by, but I can't seem to get over the endless heat. I mean, we still have 2 1/2 more months of it!!
It also could be that every day is spent inside and so the days can get pretty monotonous. It seems like the boys and I have the same routine every day, playing with the same toys, reading the same books, ect. It's even too hot to play in the pool!! I know I should mix it up a bit and take more trips to the library or go swimming early in the morning, but...I'm lazy?? Isn't that a summertime thing too?? Haha, I'll work on it...

But here are a few things happening lately:

I went shopping with my family (mostly my sisters) and at one point my dad asked us girls to help him find an outfit. WELL HELLO!! That's our favorite thing to do!! We might have been a little over-enthusiastic (making him try on multiple shirts and modeling them for us) and I'm not sure he'll ever ask us again, but he like what we picked out!

I got Jeff a propane grill for Father's Day, and we've really enjoyed using it. One day I found these two playing peek-a-boo while Jeff was outside...

I got this football helmet for a Halloween costume a few years back, and the boys love to play with it...
...Jeff's dreams are coming true!

After spending a day out and about, I was exhausted. When I came home to my bed I found Logan already there watching a movie, so I just lied down on the edge. It didn't take very long before he had found his way onto my back and made himself comfortable and finished his movie...

Oh, and Happy Pioneer Day!!

No comments: