Thursday, April 7, 2011

General Conference

I absolutely love General Conference weekend. It's a wonderful time of peace and calm, and I love to listen to the prophet. Like I've said, Jeff had never actually been to one of the sessions, so I thought it would be fun to take a trip and go to the Sunday afternoon session. I've been 3 or 4 times before, but even I was still awe-struck when I entered the building. It's so beautiful...and HUGE! One of my favorite parts, that isn't ever aired on TV, is when the prophet, President Monson, enters the room...the crowd is immediately silent and everybody stands until he reaches his seat. It's so amazing to see how much our prophet is loved and respected...

Our group: Grandma, Jeff, me, my Mom, Uncle Bill, and cousin Cody


This one was actually taken right after the closing prayer before any of the Tabernacle Choir or the General Authorities had left...

Because you have to arrive an hour early to take your seats (and get good ones), Jeff and I decided to tour around the top level of the conference center before the session started...


This is President Wilford Woodruff, whom I am related to. The guy taking our picture said we should look grumpy like this bust does...

And this is President David O. McKay, whom Jeff is related to...
 We also were able to view a lot of different paintings and sculptures and we went into a room that contained portraits of all the former Apostles of the Church (which I don't remember seeing before...and there were some...interesting...looking Apostles, hehe)

Outside on the balcony, across from the Salt Lake Temple

Three generations!

Another shot of the temple as we were leaving...and seriously, not 2 minutes after we got to the car, it started to POUR snow!!
 It was such a great experience to go, and I'm glad we had the means to make the trip. We had so much fun and I can't wait until the next time we can visit again...


And this picture is just to show you how cute I am in winter coats, haha
...if only I could wear such fashion in Mesa...

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Thats awesome you got to go to conference! Love the three geration picture:)

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

You are cute. INSANE to be able to wear so little in the snow. But incredibly fashionable.