Thursday, April 14, 2011

Things that scare the crap out of me

A friend of mine did a post like this, and I thought it would be interesting to come up with my own...

So without further ado, here is my list of things that "scared the crap" out of me when I was young: 
(I was both thoroughly amused and scared at the same time while I was trying to remember some of these things, haha!)


 Yes. I was afraid. He was a big, scary, ugly, brown creature with a cheese grater for a forehead. And it didn't help that he couldn't figure out how to turn that frown upside down...


Okay, so to clarify, he didn't really scare me all the time. It's just at that one part in the Little Mermaid when he's singing in the kitchen, tearing up the fishies, and finds Sebastian. Remember how Sebastian pinches Chef Louis' nose to escape, and then Chef Louis chases after him with a cleaver?? Yeah, it's that part. My mom says I used to cry when I would watch it.


At the ripe 'ol age of FOUR...
I came across this movie on TV while the babysitters were asleep.
Well...it instantly cured me of ever wanting a pet gerbil or a hamster or anything cute and cuddly after that...
...annnnnd...it should be obvious why I hate furbies.


Remember the movie geared towards tree-huggers and saving the earth? (FernGully) It starts out with pretty fairies and flowers and it's all sunshine and happiness...and then BAM!!! In comes toxic waste in all his creepiness! Yeah, those dang environmentalists sure know how to scare the living daylights out of me!! I'm STILL freaked out by this guy!


Even when I was little I KNEW this was a horrific movie. Of course back then, on trips with my dad to Blockbuster, all I saw was a pretty face with some nasty moth/wasp on her mouth...so OBVIOUSLY the movie was about this poor girl ingesting some kind of killer bug
Or lamb. 
Something was wrong with her lips...that's why she was silent? 
Well, no, she's silent because of the creepy bug on her mouth...?
Needless to say, I still haven't seen this movie. Although, you will be pleased to know, I have figured out it has nothing to do with any literal bugs or lambs.

What "scared the crap" out of you??

3 comments:

Curtis and Dani Welton said...

Sorry this is to add to my comment on your last post. You guys need to come over again sometime! We are really good friends with our neighbor who is a deputy for Maricopa County. He would TOTALLY put in a good word for Jeff. :)

Janelley said...

Oh my goodness! Hexxuss! Scared me to death. He still is way creepy.

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

All that cannibal stuff is freaky. For real.

You forgot to include giving talks in Primary. You cried every time.