Tuesday, May 10, 2011

he's mine





I L.O.V.E. this face, hahaha!

Mother's Day this year...was a bit of a struggle for me, unfortunately...
...my husband and family showered me with love and gifts, and everything was appreciated and adored...
...but...
...that little stinker, my little Wyatt...
...was NOT happy. AT ALL.

Sigh.

The whole point, being a mother, was somewhat stressful for me that day because Wyatt was not his normal self. He had had a rough night, waking up a few times crying, and the rest of that whole day was difficult. He was grouchy and wouldn't let me soothe him. He didn't want to be held or be put down or take a nap...he just didn't want to be happy. Now, I know he probably wasn't feeling well (maybe), and I feel bad that he can't communicate yet what hurts or what exactly he wants, but it just made me feel like I wasn't being a good mom...on Mother's Day. I was a sucky mom on Mother's Day. 

And I know that's not true, but in the moment it sure felt like it.

It's funny (well, not really) how Satan can get to you in the silliest ways...and how easily he can put thoughts of insecurity in our minds. Unfortunately, I let those silly thoughts affect my attitude and I wasn't able to appreciate being a mother to my child. 

...but only for a time.

Thankfully Heavenly Father has blessed me with a good husband, and other wonderful mother's in my life, who can help me with their unconditional love and examples. And thankfully I don't just need that one day to show my appreciation for my mothers and for being a mother. Motherhood is a constant learning experience, and I'm so grateful for those women who help me be a better mom. I love having Wyatt in my life, and I love being his mother. He brings me constant happiness and I'm so glad he's mine.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

i know that it has to be hard with days like that! i know for a fact that they always seem to fall around special times...like mothers day.
i know that you're a great mom. and i love you.

ps. my nephew who is 2 broke his collar bone on mothers day. it wasnt the greatest day for my SIL either...

Curtis and Dani Welton said...

Sorry the little guy was being a pill that day, but I'm glad you were able to find the good. :)