Friday, February 24, 2012

Logan's Latest

Can you believe my little Logan is already a MONTH old?! Why is it that time passes more quickly when you're having fun?? When I was at work the hours seemed to never end...

But seriously, this past month has flown by, and I've loved adjusting to our new addition. Logan is the most easy-going baby there ever was. He must have known Wyatt is loud and needy because nothing phases this little man. And speaking of Wyatt, his transition into becoming the big brother has been surprising. I was afraid he'd be rough with him (from previous experiences with other people's babies) and that he'd be jealous of the attention Logan was getting. Shockingly, it's been the opposite, and Wyatt has been very loving and gentle with Logan, and LOVES to give him attention. He gets concerned every time he hears Logan cry OR he'll get really excited because it means Logan is awake and he can see him. Wyatt even talks "baby-talk" to him, with a high-pitched, sweet voice, haha! They are so cute together, and I can't wait for Logan to get bigger so they can really interact.

Anyway, back to Logan...


He's been such a sweetheart. He just started smiling a lot within the last week, and I love his squinty eyes and chubby cheeks! He's been an excellent sleeper from the day he was born and we haven't had any hard night so far (knock on wood). Granted, we don't usually put him to bed for the night until 11pm or midnight, but then he only wakes up once more and it's daylight again. He's also been a really good eater (besides the fact that he sometimes falls asleep while I'm trying to nurse him) and he's got some nice rolls developing on his legs and under his chin, haha! He does have a little problem with spitting up, but I think it must be from over-eating or if he hasn't burped enough because it doesn't happen every feeding. BUT, I will say I've been drenched in spit-up more than once, and it's not fun...until I take a shower with him, which he loves. His nickname is currently "Squeaker" because he is SO noisy! Not with any coo's or talking noises like Wyatt was well-known for, but with grunts and groans and squeaks! It's hilarious!

And if you were wondering, we still can't figure out who he looks like, although we have decided it's probably more like me. He and Wyatt have absolutely zero in common, except that we're their parents (and that they're ridiculously cute). Their hair, ears, eyes, noses, mouths, hands, feet, and even their eyebrows are ALL different. They honestly don't even look related...!



Logan has made my transition from one to two kids a lot easier than I thought it would be. I know he's still a newborn and doesn't need a whole lot of my direct attention right now, but this first month has been good and I've been happy. He is such a handsome baby and so sweet and easy!! It must be because I've already had a baby before...

I love being a mom!

1 comment:

Curtis and Dani Welton said...

It's crazy to me how the boys don't look anything alike. You will have to do the side by side pic of them at 6 months and see what they look like then!

Oh how I wish Brea was a month old and slept like that again! Nights have been bad over here lately... anyway.