Wednesday, May 9, 2012

mixed emotions.

Don't hate me. It's been a while since I last posted, I know. But you guys...I START WORK TOMORROW!!! Or, well, technically today, I guess.
AAAAAAAAAAH.

I think I'm going to cry. 
Plural cry.
Multiple times.

I'm not ready to go back. How did 16 weeks go by so fast?! He was JUST born, right?! 

::pout::

So anyway, my lack of posting is my indifference to everything that isn't my babies. Aren't my babies?
(I don't even care about grammar right now. If someone cares enough to figure out how that sentence should work, you can let me know...otherwise...well, obviously, I don't care.)

So this last week has been fun, but dreadful at the same time. Just knowing that my work-free days were coming to an end killed some of my enjoyment. I can't believe how fast Logan has grown. He's absolutely chunky, and I love it. I call him my chunky monkey and I adore his "thunder thighs" (so dubbed by my MIL, haha) and his extra chubby cheeks. I want to squish him all day and all night, and give him endless kisses. I love him so much.

He's not a big cuddler, except for when he first wakes up...

...and I love those just-woke-up, puffy eyes! 

He's so big! I can't get over it!! It seems like it happened overnight!

When we're nose to nose, he likes to reach up and touch my face and hair...

These are the cutest brothers I know!


I've noticed now that he doesn't need a binky. I try to give it to him when he falls asleep, but it's not really necessary. He really prefers his fingers:

See?? Fingers again!!

 

Wyatt is such a stinker. I love his guts, but he's hit the terrible-two's. Sometimes I want to pull my hair out, and then he gives me this sweet smile, like he's innocent or something...

Jeff and I were asking him to show us his muscles...
 ...try again? Nope! Bellybutton...
 ...ummmm? Better??
 ...and then he scooted away and stared at our dinner on the stove. I guess it's more interesting than we are.

Awwww, my baby boys.

I have loved  being able to stay at home these past couple of months. I can't wait for the day that I get to stay home permanently and be a full-time mother, because honestly, that's all I really want--that's who I want to be. If there were any way I could stay at home now, I would do it in a heartbeat. Jeff has even offered to get a second job to make my wish come true...but alas, I know right now he needs to finish school, and I need to work for the time being. It won't be forever.

Motherhood may not be the most glamorous, or the most exciting job, and it's often frustrating and hard at times, but it's definitely the best paid job...constant kisses and hugs, ongoing laughter and smiles, and unconditional love.
What could beat that??

It's so worth it.

2 comments:

Curtis and Dani Welton said...

Ohhhhh I love me some chunky babies!

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

Living the dream of staying home will be wonderful, won't it? It's not too far off Love.

Those boys crack me up.