Monday, September 10, 2012

rainy days equal cozy days

This year's monsoon has been beautiful.
And I really don't remember the last time it's rained so much in just a few months...
...and even now, the rain is pouring...

...last Friday I woke up to a loud crack of thunder, followed by the realization that it was still dark outside and already 8:30am.

Mmmm...stormy weather.

I don't know about you, but anytime it's overcast and raining, I want to stay in bed all day and snuggle...maybe read a good book or watch a movie...
...but...
I have kids now.
SO, the very next best thing, since I couldn't do that, was sending Wyatt outside to play in the rain, while I watched and reminisced.
I suppose I could have followed him out, but something about taking the time to shower and dress more than one person afterwards was NOT appealing.
I guess that equates to me being lazy...

But nonetheless, I enjoyed watching Wyatt run around and jump in puddles. Logan really wanted to join him, but after almost face-planting into the cement, he was okay with just watching. (He's enjoying his new-found freedom in exploration...except when it results in injury)

Starting out all dry...






But ending up very wet and VERY happy...

Logan and I just chilled
 

These are from different days...



And then this is just random, but I was going through my phone pictures and realized I had these similar pictures of my babies...I just want to pinch their cheeks!!!


 Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the weather where ever you are as much as I am here!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

yay for Rain in AZ. I agree I love stormy days, even though we see a lot more of them now that we are in Houston.