Monday, November 26, 2012

too busy.

Waaaaay too busy.
In fact, I'm pretty sure my lack of sleep and non-stop busy-ness has led to the destruction of my immune system, thereby leaving me with this stupid cold...
...which leads me into my first point...

I'M SICK OF THE SICKNESS!!
Not only were both boys sick, they then got Jeff and I sick, which led to a WHOLE week of cleaning up the most vile messes.
AND THEN, just when I thought we'd all recovered, one of the boys got a cold, and then gave it to his brother and ME.
So now I'm dealing with multiple snotty noses, coughs and itchy throats... 

BUT, during all of our ills and aches and pains over the past week and a half, we still managed to have fun and keep busy.

The day after Wyatt's birthday was the very casual "Playdate at the Park."
I wanted to have a "birthday party" without it actually being so formal...so I invited all our close friends (most of which have children Wyatt's age) to come to the park for a few hours and have lunch and socialize...it was a good excuse to see everyone, and all the babies had fun playing together. Wyatt opened a few gifts and then I just happened to bring cupcakes and made party favors for the kids who came...I didn't take any pictures, obviously, but I think it turned out pretty well.

Right after that was over, we hurried home and showered Wyatt and Logan and put them down for naps so that they would be happy for...family pictures!! 
It's that time of year again when Christmas cards are sent out, so we crammed in a photo session that afternoon...

Here's a little sneak peak:




Thanks again Noelle!

THAT SAME DAY, the sisters were reunited!! Grace and James drove down (and drove through the night) just so they could make it in time for Wyatt's little park party. They've been here the past week and it's been really fun, as it always is.


...and then...
...it was Thanksgiving!!

I meant to do a whole "Thanksgiving" post, with our lists of things we're thankful for, but...I couldn't find the time to do it. We did go around as a family though, and name off things we're grateful for, so that was good enough.
Jeff played in his annual tackle football Turkey Bowl, but miraculously avoided injury this year! Hallelujah.
We spent the whole day at my parent's house, preparing the turkey (it was brined and then smoked), making other dishes, EATING our Thanksgiving feast, playing games, and looking at the Black Friday ads...
...and while I was utterly disappointed the stores opened on Thanksgiving night (not to mention, also disappointed that there really weren't any good deals) we headed out to Target, Ulta, and Old Navy at midnight to see what we could find...
...and it wasn't much.

Meanwhile, Jeff had fallen into a turkey-induced coma earlier that night and so he had stayed at my parent's house with the boys while I went out. After I was done shopping (at 3am!) I headed home to grab new clothes for everyone and to take a shower, but...I ended up falling asleep in my bed...
...and it was sooooo easy.

 A few hours later I woke up and headed back to my parent's to get ready to go to the temple with everyone...
...sadly though, Jeff felt compelled to stay home and clean up a mess Wyatt had made...that is, to clean up the whole bottle of B&BW shower gel Wyatt had dumped all over Emma's bedroom floor...
...he was cleaning the whole time we were in the temple.
I think he was a little upset.
(...more than a little...)
But on the positive side, Emma's room now smells like Coconut Lime Verbena!! AND her carpets are clean!

After that fiasco, Jeff really wanted to hang out, so we did a little grocery shopping...
...stopped at Sonic and got a treat....
...and then we came home, and I went out with my sisters again to Target...

...and then I did this little doozy on my lip!
 And this picture is from TWO DAYS AFTER.
It was a lot worse right after it happened...
...I described it like a lip injection gone horribly wrong, haha! It was really bad.
The story isn't very impressive--I was trying to dodge Emma from putting a beanie on my head and I turned around and ducked right into the handle of the shopping cart.
Yeah. Lame.

But the best part was knowing we had the
Van Capelle family pictures the next day.
And I was going to have a fat lip.
Awesome.
So anyway. The next day, Saturday, (yesterday) was family picture day at the temple (again)...
...and small business Saturday (Jeff and I bought lots of Dutch goodies at the House of Rice)...
...and then after that was Wyatt's FINAL birthday party with all extended family.
We invited the Downs' to come over to the Van Capelle's for dinner (Nasi and saute) and then enjoyed the rest of the evening together...
It was perfect.

And that ends the craziness of my life the past couple of weeks...
...but I suppose it's only going to get busier, seeing as Christmas is JUST around the corner! 
I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I can't believe that your baby is 3, so exciting. I am also so excited for Grace to have her little one, she looks so cute in your pictures of you 3. Love you.