Monday, December 7, 2009

Here's what's been going on...

Lots has been happening!

Being a mom is definitely a job that keeps you busy.
And even though he sleeps a lot, during those times I feel like I always have something else to do around the house...hence the lapse in time since my last post.

Jeff and I finally got our own camera on Black Friday--it's a Nikon Coolpix and we think it's awesome! Now I can take a gazillion pictures of Wyatt...I just have to remember to keep it with me to capture every cute expression...

We also got our Christmas tree for FHE last Monday...I actually had Jeff pick it out by himself since I didn't want to take Wyatt out. I was sad I couldn't go, but Jeff did an excellent job of finding a great tree. It was HUGE (a lot bigger than I had planned) but somehow Jeff managed to fit it in our small abode. I decorated it while Jeff and Wyatt looked on. This is going to be Wyatt's first Christmas...don't you love his hat? Haha, this was a white elephant gift from last years Downs' Christmas party...or maybe it was the D'Amico Christmas party? Oh man...I can't remember. I just know that it was a party on the in-laws' side.
This is our tree!



Here are some pictures of Wyatt...he's 3 weeks old today! Crazy! It's going by so fast!
Here he is trying out his first bottle. He did great!
YAWN!
(he flares his nostrils just like dad...)

We also had the opportunity to bless Wyatt yesterday. It was such a blessing to be surrounded by so many family and friends--we feel so loved. Jeff is a fantastic dad and he gave a beautiful blessing. Thankfully Wyatt was pretty good throughout his first experience to sacrament meeting. He had the hiccups during the blessing and was a little fussy, but nothing traumatic :) He really enjoyed the organ and everyone singing Christmas hymns.
After the blessing we had a luncheon with all the family and friends. I almost felt like I didn't have a baby! I don't think I held Wyatt the whole afternoon...he was passed from one person to the next to the next. He's such a sweetheart and so good!! I'm so glad to have family close by. He's been out several times to the grandparents' houses where he always receives more than enough love and attention.
Here he is with Malu and Jon (he's wearing the ASU outfit that they got for him during one of my showers...it's pretty much ginormous on him, but Jeff wanted to pick out his outfit)
My mom and the sisters...
Malu, Noelle and me...
The girls and our men...
Wyatt is such a huge blessing in our lives and sometimes I can't believe that he's really ours. He is so beautiful and I'm so thankful to my Heavenly Father that He trusted us enough with one of His children. Sometimes I just stare at his little face and wonder. He is so precious to me...
...as is my sweetheart, Jeff.

6 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

I love that ASU outfit! And your tree looks awesome!

Buck and Whitni Watkins said...

Yay! your tree is huge, I love it. I want to have a big tree but because we have yet to be in our own home on christmas we just pull out our little 3 ft fake one and have it it up for the spirit.

Curtis and Dani Welton said...

That tree is so big! Of course Jeff would have to pick out the fattest one there lol

Lindsey Layton said...

He's so sweet! And you are looking great! :o)

Noelle said...

Wyatt was so good all day yesterday. And even though it was big the ASU clothes were pretty cute.

danielle said...

That tree is HUGE! :)