Sunday, February 28, 2010

Flowering Wreath

I've been wanting a cute, floral wreath to hang on my door for spring/Easter...I keep seeing really cute ones at my favorite place, Target, but they're always so dang expensive...or, well, more than I'm willing to pay. So my solution was to make my own--it would be cheaper AND I could decide how I wanted it to look.
I started by going to my other favorite place, Hobby Lobby.
I found myself a wicker wreath and a few cute floral bunches (at 50% off, of course!)

I decided that instead of placing a whole stem of flowers with their own leaves on the wreath, I would pick out my favorite leaf style and separate it from it's flower. It was a lot easier to arrange that way. So I placed the leaves, still on their stems, in the way that I wanted. Then I hot glued them down.

Then I placed each flower type on sepeartely. I would always place the flowers where I thought they would look best and then I would go back and hot glue them.

I started with the long line of little yellow flowers...

...then the pink flowers...

...then the white budding flowers, and finally the yellow budding flowers.

And here's the finished product!! It's not hanging on my door, but that's because it was too late to search for my wreath hanger.

Thanks Denine and Shannon for helping me decide what colors to choose. I think it turned out great :)

4 comments:

Shannon said...

i love it...now i want one...

Brea said...

it turned out so dang cute! I really miss Hobby Lobby! :(

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

That is fantastic. I don't think that a wreath is something I would have a ttempted by myself. Great job =)

Susan said...

I love your wreath. I am wanting one for spring/easter too. I love the colors and all of the sweet spring colors.