Friday, February 26, 2010

So thankful!

I know it's pretty common, but I really didn't want to work when I had kids. I wanted to be the stay-at-home mom who devoted all her time to her children. I still wanted to have a college degree so that if I needed to work, I could. Wellll...things didn't quite work out the way I wanted it to, although I still have hope for the future. Unfortunately I haven't finished school, and neither has Jeff, but we are working to reach this goal. The point of this post, though, is that although I don't have my ideal situation of staying home with my baby all day, I have been blessed because my schedule at work was just approved! This means that I will be working part time, opposite of Jeff's hours, so that I can stay home with Wyatt during the day, and Jeff will be home at night to take care of him. I will only work 3 nights during the work week and will be home by about 9:30pm, so it won't be that Jeff and I will never see each other...AND because I'm working the night shift I get an additional 10% added to my pay, AND I get to keep all my benefits! Woohoo!! This is such a huge blessing and I am so SO happy that everything worked out for us. I know Heavenly Father had a part in this, and I know he knows our situation and what we need. I'm so thankful. And so relieved. And most of all, I'm thankful that Wyatt doesn't need a babysitter (for the most part), and that he can be with his family.

8 comments:

Buck and Whitni Watkins said...

that is unbelievably exciting.
Yay for blessings.
I am so glad everything worked out for you!

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

That is great that you got the right schedule. What a blessing. It will be good for Jeff to get alone time too, even if it is more than he would prefer.

Bree and Phil Killian said...

That is SO awesome. Goosebumps baby!! Im so happy for you, its true, the big man upstairs KNOWS what we neeeed!! :)

Celeste said...

That's wonderful you only have to work part time and still get your benefits! It's working out :)

Jill said...

The best thing that happened to me after Ember was born (9.5 years ago) was going back to work part time. I've worked 3 days a week now for 9 years and never ONCE did I have to put my kids in daycare. It takes the pressure off the family budget, and believe me... as your kids get older you will actually want a little break from being the Mom all the time. :)

I am so glad this worked out for you. My job turned out to be a blessing in so many ways, including the fact that I work for a City Government and they let me write my own hours, take as much sick time as I need to take care of the kids, change my schedule at a moments notice on crazy weeks, stuff like that. It's a tender mercy that I have this job, and I hope you feel that way about your job too. :)


word verification: stion. That's like Zion, and stay-on, or stay in Zion? I freakin' love those things.

Shannon said...

yay! I guess i can keep shopping at Target...

Kristin Malulani Kalehuawehe said...

Ohhhhh, if Jeffy ever needs any help, your little guys can always come over here and him and Jonny can play and me and Wyatt can play and everyone will be happy :]

i love youuu!

Curtis and Dani Welton said...

yay! I'm glad that worked out for you.

my word verification is endwor.. endure? wow that's cool. hah