Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What are you feeding me, woman??

So...Wyatt had his 6 month doctor's visit (yes, he's 6 months!! I can't believe it!!!) and it didn't go like I had planned. Don't worry, nothing is wrong...it's just that he's gained less than a pound in 2 months (7 ounces to be exact), and only grew 1/4 of an inch. So instead of being in the 50th percentile in weight and 90th percentile in height, he's dropped to the 20th percentile for weight and 48th percentile for height.

Now normally I think I would have been freaking out (and I was a little) but his doctor didn't seem at all worried. I thought he would have given me the third degree when he looked at Wyatt's stats, but he just told me that because Wyatt is burning more calories, he's going to need to start eating more times a day...as in, solid foods. I must confess, I just started Wyatt on rice cereal a week and a half ago, and hadn't even thought about baby food. Well...that's not entirely true...I was planning on starting baby food next week. ANYWAY, I started Wyatt on baby food yesterday...right after the appointment. We go back to the doctor at 9 months, and hopefully he'll be back to the averages again...

I thought I might share our experience...he first had carrots, and this is a clip of Wyatt eating applesauce:



Did you see that raspberry he blew at the very end? Hahahaha!!!

3 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

Alex is tiny, too. First percentile. No worries. :)

Matt said...

So cute...

Molly said...

Dont worry about it too much. Nixon is still on his growth curve but he is 4th (thats right, fourth!) Percentile weight - he is skinny. And 70th height. So I know he grows cause he is taller but the kid runs and climbs and jumps on everything! =)