Sunday, May 2, 2010

Let's climb the mountain...

Last Friday was Grace's 'Senior Ditch Day,' and she decided to honor me with her company! Because Fridays are my day off, we decided to jam it full with adventures. So early that morning (which, due to the weather, was CHILLY!!!) we packed up our gear and took a hike to the wind caves at Usery Park...

...with Wyatt.

At first I was a little apprehensive because I'd never taken him outside for more than...maybe 20 minutes?? AND he'd be confined to a backpack the entire time (the backpack belongs to my parents and was used to carry my siblings...so it's old. But it worked great!) I figured though that because he loves to be outside and because there would be a constant change of scenery, he might be okay...

..turns out, I was right!! He was perfectly happy the whole time!!
(the whole time he wasn't sleeping, anyway, haha!)

Here we are about to start our trek! Grace offered to take him first, during the hard part UPHILL. That's probably a good thing since I'm no way in shape anymore...I had to break out some warm clothes for Wyatt and buy a hat to cover his bald head!!

About 20 minutes into the hike Wyatt decided to take a snooze...and slept until we reached the wind caves...

This a picture from my phone when we reached the top! It's a 3 mile hike roundtrip with an elevation of about 1000 feet...it's not too strenuous, but hard enough to make us take a couple of breaks :) I'd recommend it.

We switched Wyatt over to me to take the downhill course...

Wyatt liked to check out the scenery every now and then...

...and then he'd fall asleep again.

Such a tough day!!

7 comments:

Buck and Whitni Watkins said...

There was so much for his little brain to process no wonder he slept so much.

Merkley Jiating said...

I love the pictures where he is asleep on your shoulders. He is so cute!

Alex walks along the bed and couch all the time and has pulled himself up on a moving toy just a few times. There is a video on youtube if you want to see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TevzzJ7PdvU

-Emily

Shannon said...

so cute!

Jen Western said...

SO cute! You are such a nice big sister!

That chair on your back is cool, but have you seen the fabric wraps you can use? A lady in my ward has it, and she just wraps her baby on her (front back or side) where ever she goes, and she says it's so much more comfortable than carrying them!

Jill said...

those pics are adorable, looks like he had a blast :)

You have such a cute baby

Anonymous said...

Looks like the baby backpack cleaned up pretty good! You guys always have so much fun together :] ,Mom

Merkley Jiating said...

Most of Alex's toys are second hand from a store called Once Upon a Child in Columbus, Ohio.

The videos were not on the post originally because Youtube was being annoying.

I also love the clapping and conversation with Sam videos. They are my two favorites from his whole life.