Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Senior Pics

So my sister, Grace, is graduating from high school this year (it seems like everyone is graduating this year!) and she asked me to take her pictures...

...now I don't profess to be a great photographer, only that I love it, and I did take a few classes in high school...so I know the basics? Sure. But are they professional? Probably not.

But it sure helps when your subject is already beautiful and doesn't need much direction :)

So anyway, I thought I'd share a few of my favorites...

Congratulations, Grace!! I love you!!






6 comments:

Shannon said...

cute pics...just wondering on a side note, why do they paint the tree trunks white? I've only ever seen that here in AZ....

Buck and Whitni Watkins said...

I love her jumping one with shoes in the air. Also, I love that you took them at the temple.
they look GREAT!

Merkley Jiating said...

Great pictures!

I meant the Bad Mommy Moments to be funny but most people thought I was looking for pity! They were sad then, but we laugh about them all now!

Merkley Jiating said...

Happy Mother's Day to you as well! I miss the newborn stage every once in a while but I really love all of the things Alex is doing now. I will just have to have another one to fill the infant void!

Merkley Jiating said...

Oh yeah, and EVERYONE was recording the guy in the tree. I think four or five people had video cameras out. It was hilarious.

dutchbunch7 said...

You did a wonderful job Rachael! I think you've got the talent for it, you've got a good eye. Love ya, Mom

p.s. To answer the question of why the tree trunks are painted white, it's to protect the tree bark from sunburn in the scorching AZ sun. It's much drier and hotter here than in CA.