Saturday, October 30, 2010

BOXES.

It drives me crazy that babies would rather play with paper and boxes and useless junk rather than their expensive toys. Or, well, Wyatt does, at least. I'm having a hard time justifying buying him any birthday presents when he'd rather just have the wrapping paper. ANYWAY, today's entertainment was an empty box I threw out of his closet...

He's started to notice that when something rolls under the couch, or in this box that is too small for him to crawl into, if he tries different positions, he can reach whatever it is...he gets onto his tummy (bum in the air), lowers his head, and stretches!

"Boxes are SO fun, Mom! I can push it...

...and I can bounce up and down on it...

...and I can tap this blue, plastic tube, that I love so much, on it...

...and I can play with the flaps...

...and I can show you how strong I am by lifting it up!! Isn't that awesome Mom?"

Yes. Yes, it is very awesome that you can be entertained by a BOX.


But then again, it doesn't always last...trouble always lurks right around the corner...

He wanted to go play with the shelves again...those same shelves that contain all manner of Wyatt's favorite off-limit items. He knows he's not supposed to play with them and he doesn't, but he always looks longingly over at them. And then I when I say No, I get this reaction:

Haha, he's also beginning to be a little more dramatic...
(have you seen a better puppy-dog face??? Haha)

But we always make it better!




And the random picture of the post:
I gave him a bite of broccoli. And he ate it. So I gave him another bite...the next second I turn around, I see it all over his face. And hands. And highchair.

No comments: