Saturday, November 20, 2010

Intruder! Intruder!

My parent's have had chickens since I was in junior high, and today I decided to take Wyatt out to visit the coop and maybe check for any eggs. As we were crouching next to the chicken-wire door, I looked up at the nest box and couldn't figure out what I was seeing. It didn't take me very long to realize what it was...


A CAT.


Napping.in.the.straw.

Maybe warming a few eggs?

Either way, I can't figure out how she got in, since I asked around and nobody had let the chickens out of the coop today...meaning the door was never opened for Charlotte (the cat) to get in.




And she IS afraid of the chickens, so I don't know what her deal is. I called for her to come out and as soon as she jumped down she freaked out when the chickens started to surround her...

...I had to save the dumb cat from being pecked to death...

1 comment:

Brea said...

hahaha thats so funny....

ps your family picture is so cute!! you guys all look so perfect!