Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Sometimes it's hard to remember to be thankful and so I'm glad we have a national holiday set aside for that specific purpose. Last night I had Jeff write down a list of 30 things he is thankful for, and I did the same. I'd like to share our lists, written in no particular order...

Jeff's List of "Things I'm Thankful for:"
  • a beautiful, loving wife
  • that Rachael makes the bed every day
  • that Rachael does the laundry
  • that Rachael cares about cleaning the house
  • for a wonderful son
  • our health
  • for Rachael taking care of the bills
  • for wonderful grandparents/parents who are willing to help us
  • our jobs
  • that we live in America
  • for freedom to choose
  • for the Gospel
  • for a prophet that receives revelation from God for us
  • for a wife that allows me to go play sports
  • for all the time and effort Rachael puts into taking care of Wyatt
  • our home
  • for vehicles that function
  • that we're able to put food on the table every day
  • for friends that care about me
  • sports
  • for brothers and sisters who are willing to help babysit Wyatt
  • for the joy and laughs that Wyatt gives us
  • clothes to wear
  • for the unconditional love that Heavenly Father has for me
  • my mission
  • for leaders who helped me grow
  • for parents who worked hard to raise me right
  • for life experiences that have made me who I am
  • for Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for me
  • our temple marriage
And this is the list I came up with...

Rachael's Gratitude List:
  • Jesus Christ--I'm not the best at remembering to acknowledge Him in all my life, but I'm very blessed and grateful to have Him with me
  • Jeffrey--and all he does for Wyatt and I
  • Wyatt--and the opportunity I have to be a mother
  • Families--and my knowledge that families are forever
  • The Gospel
  • Laughter
  • Freedom
  • Good friends
  • Flowers
  • Vacations
  • Rainstorms
  • Our jobs
  • History
  • My mom's cooking (thanks for Thanksgiving!!)
  • Music
  • Love, hugs, and kisses
  • The ocean/sea-life
  • Education
  • Our home
  • Temples
  • Nature...being outdoors
  • Homemade buttermilk pancakes
  • The winter
  • Horses...and animals in general
  • Having our needs fulfilled
  • Nutella
  • Dark chocolate
  • Technology
  • Unconditional love
  • Functioning vehicles

We've had a very blessed year. It hasn't always been easy, but we've learned and grown through it all. We're very thankful for all we have, and we're especially thankful for our family and friends. We hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving this year and enjoyed your turkey feast!






1 comment:

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

Great lists. I'm glad Jeff participated too. One of these days I need to have Eric do something I can post.