Happy Birthday Wyatt!
Unhappily for Wyatt we had a doctor's appointment today and he received 3 shots (chickenpox, MMR [that's Mumps, Measles, and Rubella], and the first of his Hep A shots) and he had some blood drawn. From his arm...like when I get my blood drawn--tourniquet and everything. It was sad. And I'm sad he might be a little under the weather for his birthday, so it's a good thing we had his party already.
His stats for his 12 month check-up: Weight 21.7lbs (27th percentile) Height 28in (5th percentile) and his noggin is still above average.
- He has started to shake his head 'no.' And it's usually when he doesn't want something...but not always.
- He is constantly talking. No real words yet, but he likes to tell us about everything.
- He knows what I'm saying. For example, he has issues with pulling hair, and one night he pulled my sister's hair and wouldn't stop, so I flicked his hand. He was instantly shocked, started crying, and I explained why we can't pull hair. While he was still recovering, I told him he needed to give her a kiss to make it better. I leaned him in her direction, said "Give her a kiss," he opened his mouth and gave her a kiss. Cutest thing ever.
- He's not walking. And isn't even slightly interested.
- He has recently discovered bellybuttons while playing, "Where's your (name body part)?" And it's not really his own bellybutton he likes finding, but everyone elses'. He'll lift up our shirts and stick his finger right in.
- He likes to watch channel 8 in the morning. His favorites: Elmo's world on Sesame Street, Super Why, and Sid the Science Kid.
- He's no longer of formula!!!! HOORAY for whole milk!!
- He's never had an ear infection (knock on wood)
- He currently has 7 teeth, with a another one or two on the way
- He's the cutest kid ever.