Sunday, February 27, 2011

...yeah, we're from AZ

On our way home from church this morning (yes, this morning...we have 8 o'clock church) it started raining, and it was the weirdest thing too, because it was just one long strip of rainstorm--on one side it was sunny, and on the other side it was sunny, and we were caught right in the middle. It was awesome.

As we were just about home, I noticed it wasn't falling like normal rain. Instead of it running down the window, it was more like a big splat that just sat there. It wasn't hard at all, not like hail, and when we opened the window we saw snow...or ice? Or was it SLEET? :)


Only Arizonians would be excited over this kind of trivial weather



It reminded me of Sonic ice...

Our backyard, and the sea of grass.
 (Way to go Jeff...you should have cut it BEFORE it decided to rain, haha...)

The rooftop

...I even found it on the window pane...
It's such an abnormal experience, so I had to document it. Even as I'm typing right now, the sky is sunny and the sleet is all gone...

2 comments:

danielle said...

It was rhode-islanding. We have that kind of crappy weather all the time. :( I miss you.

jonnajack said...

Dang. I wish I could have seen it! It was definitely sunny over here about that time. Anything that falls from the clouds (besides rain) is so exciting for us! Gee, I love AZ.