Monday, March 26, 2012

The reveal...

I love long hair. Especially, MY long hair. I've had long hair for most of my life, and have only cut it above my shoulder twice in my life...

...make that THREE times...

I just got a hair cut...and it's the shortest I've ever had it.

And let me tell you...I LOVE it. 

Can you believe that on Sunday I woke up and went to church without doing anything to my hair?! (Okay, maybe I straightened my bangs, but that was IT!)
 I've never done such a thing! I was amazed. And thrilled. 

People walked down the halls at church and didn't recognize me. I catch my reflection in the mirror and don't recognize myself sometimes.

I will admit that I will miss my long hair greatly, and I plan on growing it back out (it seems like long hair is the style these days, oops), but I had 5 reasons for cutting it...

1. I needed a change. After having the same hairstyle for so long, I needed to do something drastic.
2. I wanted to get rid of all my dead-ends.
3. My hair is going to start falling out in a few months, and I really don't want long hairs EVERYWHERE (You post-pregnant ladies know what I'm talking about). I figured short hairs would be less annoying.
4. Once my hair DOES fall out, I figured my luscious, thick, long hair wouldn't look as good anymore any way. Stringy and thin is sad.
AND
5. Hair always grows back.

I had to convince Jeff cutting my hair would be a good thing, and those were the reasons I gave him...I'm not sure he believed me so much at first, but when I came home with my new 'do, he LOVED it.

AND NOW...! 
The REVEAL:




...and





 

I really love it so much! It's so dang easy! And cute! Thanks to Jen for cutting it so wonderfully!

3 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

I was getting nervous when you listed so many reasons but holy cow! I LOVE IT! How can you get even cuter?! It's ridiculous. I mean, you posted about a haircut? So vain... :)

Julie Stapley Manning said...

I love it! I used to have short hair all throughout elementary and junior high, but because my hair grows so slowly I am too chicken to cut it more than a couple of inches...

Curtis and Dani Welton said...

You new hair cut makes you look like my sister! It's so cute! I'm a little jealous that it's so easy too.