Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers

If I look a little exhausted in this picture...
it's because I AM.

Being a mom is HARD work.
Teaching children how to be happy when they'd rather cry, to share toys and be helpful, to listen and obey, to be polite and kind and respectful...is HARD work.
Today has been a HARD day.
 These precious boys I get to call my own, were more than I could handle.
There were tears shed. Many tears.
WHY?? Why on Mother's Day??!

~Sigh~

Probably to remind me that being a mother is HARD work...being a mother is about patience, love, tenderness, understanding, and teaching in soft, kind words.
But mostly to remind me that even though my life is no where near perfect, and that I am not perfect, my Heavenly Father's love is perfect. He loves me. And He loves my children. 
And although today was not such a good day, I know I can do better tomorrow.
My boys are sweet and forgiving, and for that, I am thankful.
I love them so much, and I really do enjoy being their mom. 

And on a happier note, Happy Mother's Day to all you moms, soon-to-be moms, and future moms!
I hope your day was wonderful and full of love!!
 



(PS. I'd like to place a little blame of the madness in my day on a 12 o'clock church schedule. My children do not function very well without a nap, and today neither of them had one...I'd like to think they might have been a little easier with said nap in place...)

2 comments:

Grace said...

You are always so calm and happy on the outside woman! You do such a wonderful job. I hope I can become as skilled as you. Also, you should know if you ever need to cry around me, you totally should. I will hold you until you can't breathe! Love you.

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

Well said.

You look really good for a photo on such a rough day. Love you.