Friday, May 17, 2013

whittier talent show

My mom works at Whittier Elementary as an "aid" of sorts, and this year she and her coworkers entered the talent show. I didn't even know about it until one day as I was dropping off the boys to go to work, she was leaving to go practice their act. 
So yesterday was the day of the talent show and luckily enough, my dad, brother and sister were all able to make it to the earliest performance with me (the other ones were around naptime and when I worked). Can I just tell you how nice it is to have help with watching the boys?? I wasn't worried too much because I came prepared with goodies, and they're normally pretty good anyway, but it's always less stressful to know I have an extra pair of helping hands just in case  
Also, we got to see Uncle Brigham, who goes to school there! He sat pretty close to us, which was fun for the boys to see him (if you didn't catch the red arrow and circled body, that's him, haha!)

Emma was a little embarrassed of the attention her costume was getting, but I thought she looked AMAZING. Her Westwood English class had just finished reading The Great Gatsby so she and her classmates dressed up in 1920's fashions for the Gatsby Gala they were having...

I was a little skeptical, as I'm sure most people would be of an elementary school talent show, but I was shockingly impressed. It was so much fun. Granted, there were a few...not so entertaining acts, but for the most part, I laughed a lot. Besides my mom and her coworker's act, they had a karate act with the cutest, cheesiest, skilled little boy, a group of boys lip-synching and dancing to a One Direction song, a glow-in-the-dark stick figure dance (they turned off the lights and the girls had attached glow-sticks to their black outfits in the shape of a stick-figure) and the Harlem Shake. I really wish I would have caught that one on camera, but I was too busy laughing. I mean, really...just imagine 6 to 11 year-old's dancing in their halloween costumes (baby sumo wrestler, Darth Vader, Batman) with the adult crossing guards dancing with their stop-signs. HILARIOUS.

Anyway, we had a good time, the boys behaved, and my mom and her group did so well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed it!!

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

That was very clever and highly entertaining.

Also, is Katie Bushman the one on the right end?