Saturday, May 4, 2013

something new

Can you believe I've never been without both boys or Jeff for more than a few hours??
(I guess it's not that surprising, really, since I am the mom...)

WELL.
It happened.
Jeff took both boys to the father-and-sons camp-out with my dad and brothers Friday afternoon, and I had a full 24 hours to myself.

I almost didn't know what to do with myself!!
(almost...)

I don't know what I did before I had kids, but it seems to me that I must have wasted a lot of time doing NOTHING because it was amazing how productive I actually was within that time. Not only did I spend Friday night with my mom to have a girl's night (Hobby Lobby and Cheesecake Factory!!) but I also:
  • pulled out the 18 months clothes for Logan and put back the outfits that no longer fit him
  • reorganized/decluttered/cleaned the bathroom cupboards
  • folded all the laundry and put it away
  • washed a few loads of laundry
  • went shopping at Kohls and got a free pair of earrings, picked up an online order at Walmart, and went grocery shopping at Target
  • swept and mopped downstairs
  • cleaned the stove, oven, countertops and refrigerator
  • put up a new shower curtain
...all that AND I slept in!

...meanwhile...
Jeff and the boys were having so much fun camping! 
He said they really had a good time :)


And then when they finally came home, I got to spend time cuddling with my exhausted babies...


3 comments:

Grace said...

This is slowly but surely starting to sound like my life..

Merkley Jiating said...

That sounds awesome. It will be a long time before I could have that happen since I have a newborn, but I think it will be so fun! Totally unrelated, you look really good in yellow!

Susan said...

that sounds amazing. I bet it was nice to get things done like folding laundry without little hands there to unfold it for you as you went along.