Sunday, November 17, 2013

Catch up!

I spoke with my Grandma last night, and she reminded me that I haven't posted since Halloween.
Oops.
And it's not that I haven't had anything to post about, because it's really actually been pretty busy around here!

The first weekend of November was the annual Downs Girls Weekend, a sort of weekend "stay-cation" if you will. It's the one weekend during the year where we leave our children with our husbands, stay at a hotel, and do whatever we want. Usually that equates to eating a ton of really yummy food, and shopping for an entire day. And that's not an exaggeration--we were literally in the mall from 10:30am to 6:30pm. And it won't be happening again until next year, because as all mothers know, you CANNOT go to the mall to enjoy yourself if you bring the kiddies. But honestly, those 8 hours will probably satiate my need for mall shopping for the rest of the upcoming year anyway...

The second weekend of November included our FAMILY PICTURE DAY--also known as:
The most dreaded and stressful day of the year.
(According to Jeff and my children).
I love taking pictures. I love having our family pictures taken. I just basically love how adorable my family is. But no matter what, the rest of my family is not on board. And even though I always have a few good shots to choose from, it's always stressful to get to that point.
So this year I decided to take a different approach and BE PREPARED. I lowered my expectations, was ready with my hair and makeup hours before we had to leave, thereby leaving me time to get Wyatt and Logan ready, and tried not to let the stressful atmosphere get to me. And it worked!! Turns out being happy is waaaaay more conducive for good times.

And then this last Saturday was Wyatt's 4th birthday.
Holy cow, how is he already 4...?
We had a "low key" birthday party (more to come on that in the next post) and he had such a good time. Obviously I'm not very prepared with pictures, so you'll just have to wait to hear more on that...

And then all the other time during this month I've been a mom, housekeeper, part-time cook, part-time provider, and full-time crazy lady. Well, not actually, but I feel like it sometimes. Anyway, more posts to come, and I promise I won't leave such a huge gap between them going forward... 

:)

No comments: