Monday, April 9, 2012

Hoppy Easter!

Today has been a busy day...I feel like I've been going, going, going since Logan woke me up at 6am...but it was SO MUCH fun. I love spending time with our families!

It was 7:30am and Wyatt was still sleeping! (We stayed the night at my parent's so we wouldn't have to wake up early to catch the Easter Bunny there...)

Logan is the early bird these days...although usually I fall back asleep with him until Wyatt comes to get us...not this morning though!

Tradition in the Van Capelle household is to first find the chocolate egg candies the Easter Bunny hid around the room...and THEN we check out our goodie baskets. This year Jeff and I got new shoes and the movie Remember the Titans, and Wyatt got a few movies too (Toy Story and Tarzan) and some bubbles, a stuffed dinosaur, and lots of candy--I'm pretty sure he was in heaven. He started scarfing all the jellybeans on the floor, and became so fixated on them that we had to put them away. He couldn't concentrate on anything else!! (Probably because his Mom never lets him have that much candy all at once!)

SO HAPPY!

My mom made muffins for breakfast, homemade muffins, and we went to church with my family. We were able to think about Christ and the meaning of the Easter holiday.

I also coerced Jeff to take some pictures...
 ...and yes, we had a wardrobe change...and he wasn't happy...but I was!! They turned out cute :)

Seriously, SO CUTE.
 Logan, showing off that flab! Only a baby can pull it off so well ;)

Right after church we headed over to Jeff's parent's house for dinner with the rest of the family. We each participated in helping with dinner and it was DELICIOUS. We spent time together and played a game, took some naps, and then had an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids. It was really nice outside and we sat out there for a while and enjoyed each other's company.

Wyatt and Lilly crack me up. They are ADORABLE together. And again, Wyatt filled up on the sugar.

And Logan pretty much napped most of the time.

It was a beautiful day, filled with beautiful memories. Again, I can't express how thankful I am to have our families close by. We love them so much.

1 comment:

Merkley Jiating said...

I am loving your haircut. And that is one PRETTY baby. Sheesh, woman! Two in a row! :)