Wednesday, October 17, 2012

~ BEACH ~

The day we left for home after our trip to Disneyland, I really, REALLY wanted to make a trip to the beach.

I mean, it's ludicrous to visit California and neglect going to the beach, right???

So on our way down and out of the state, we planned on stopping by Oceanside...
...well, that was the plan...
...but apparently rush hour on a Saturday afternoon starts at 1:00pm, and after almost an hour of bumper-to-bumper traffic, we'd had enough of the ridicoulousness.
So we exited that freeway and found ourselves on the coastline of Dana Point, and it was beeeeeautiful.

There was a lift that went up and down to and from the beach (for all the lazy people who didn't want to take the stairs...ahem, guys...)


After slathering everyone in sunblock, we headed for the ocean. 
Jeff and my dad weren't interested in getting wet so they were deemed the picture-takers...
(they were complaining about sand getting into crevices or something, and then having to drive 7 hours before arriving home...I tried to tell them it would be worth it, but even the availability of showers didn't convince them...party poopers.)

Logan loved it.

...except for when he was defeated by a big wave.




Wyatt thought it was fun too for the first little while...


...and then he got cold, so he left to warm up in the sand...
Ben was the same way, so they kept each other company.



...oh yeah, I tried to dunk Ben in the ocean first thing...
 ...but it didn't work so well.




Logan eventually did what he does best--which is falling asleep.


Our fun was very short-lived and we left after only an hour.
And after showering and getting dressed, we left for home...

...but I still say an hour at the beach is worth all the sandy grit...

2 comments:

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

I LOVE the photo of Wyatt laying down facing the beach. Epic.

Anonymous said...

We were only there an hour? Those boys - the big ones! I could have easily stayed for at least another hour...or two...I do love me some beach :]
I too liked the story the pictures told of Wyatt & Ben warming up!