Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Being domestic!

A few days ago, per my request, I asked my mom to make muffins for breakfast
(I was going to be there that morning so I could attend church with my family to hear my brother speak)
and she happened to make some very delicious pumpkin muffins.

Well...today as I was cleaning and reorganizing my pantry I came across a can of pumpkin filling with an experation date of soon, and then remembered those delicious muffins my mom made, and decided to whip myself up a batch. Unfortunately I didn't have her recipe, but I found one very similar that sounded yummy. If you want the recipe, you can go here. It's a bit lengthy to write all of it down...I made a few adjustments (I used 2 cups all-purpose flour instead of half pastry flour, and I didn't have buttermilk so I made my own...oh and I took them out of the oven at 18 minutes, instead of waiting the full 20) and when they were all done...I ate them. And so did Wyatt, he thought they were amazing! :)

I don't like to use my KitchenAid when making quickbreads only because you want as little beating to your dough as possible, that way they come out niiiiiice and tender. Mmmm! So I do all the mixing by hand...thank goodness the batter/dough (?) isn't very thick, so it's not hard to do!

I was surprised how much batter there ended up being...so I filled all the cups to the top!

And then these gloriously large muffins came out of oven...

Happy eating!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look DELICIOUS! Where there any left by the time Jeff got home?

Love you, Mom

Curtis and Dani Welton said...

I think it's cute that you use a cooling rack! :) haha