Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Stop following me!

Wyatt is very...needy. I love him more than anything, but sometimes I need to put him down and have him entertain himself for a few minutes, without getting into trouble--and rarely does that happen. Usually if I put him down he'll cry once I leave the room, or find something he's not supposed to play with (even though I've scattered his own toys around him). The other thing he does, now that he's mobile, is to follow me around while I'm doing whatever needs to get done. Today, after we came home from the store, I went to the stairs and climbed up the first 3 steps to look in a mirror across the stairway (I had just bought a shirt and wanted to make sure it looked okay...). I was just about done, when I looked down and there was Wyatt...trying to climb the stairs. He's never given our stairs a sideways glance, and I'm pretty sure he never knew they existed for his entertainment. Thankfully the camera was close by so I could catch him in the act, without having him repeat it...I don't want him to think he's allowed to do this.





And on a side note, when Wyatt gives me kisses, like this one, he likes to pretty much eat my face...which leaves me all gummed up and slobbery :) But I love them nonetheless and will take all the kisses he gives me!

3 comments:

Buck and Whitni Watkins said...

I love open mouth kisses! You baby boy is getting so big! He's looking ALOT like daddy. but he has your eyes

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

I love that first photo of him. He is smiling so well. Such a babe.

Curtis and Dani Welton said...

haha oh no!! Hopefully he doesn't remember the stairs exist!