Thursday, August 19, 2010

My hair sometimes cooperates!

Before I became pregnant I straightened my hair every day, and styled it from there. I wouldn't leave the house if my make-up wasn't all the way done, with eye-shadow, liner, foundation--everything. Ha! Welllll...something about pregnancy (either the exhaustion or the sickness) led me to an indifference about the way I looked, because honestly, let's face it--who's going to check out a pregnant woman anyway? Well, it seems those feelings have migrated their way into my everyday life, and it's not necessarily because I'm too tired or lazy, it's just that I don't have the time to waste anymore. Now, I have started to put make-up on more regularly, usually just mascara, but my hair is a constant struggle. I hate doing it. I really, really wish it was acceptable to walk around in public with bedhead....but it's not, and I would be embarrassed, so I usually throw it up in a ponytail or bun to get it out of my face, versus spending hours perfecting it.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the newest 'do I discovered. And it only takes 5-10 minutes!! I didn't have to plug anything in, or use any product (other than hairspray). Awesome.




Yeah, and I actually did my make-up too...

5 comments:

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

How come you can put a pull through ponytail on the side and have it look amazing and when I do it it's scary? You freaking beautiful unfair woman. I still love you.

Shannon said...

haha your so cute...my sister always wears her hair like that, for like next day hair and it looks so cute (on both of you)...but like noelle, when i do it, it look ridiculous....

Celeste said...

Rachael you are so beautiful. I am always noticing your hair...everything you do looks fabulous...even a ponytail! Go for the easy hair do cause it looks great too!

Merkley Jiating said...

So cute! All the girls Sam goes to school with do their hair like that. So you are up on the New York style! :)

Thank you for all of your comments. I really appreciate them. We just got internet back so that is why I haven't commented back!

Switching the dinners and lunches in the food supply is a good idea. Hopefully we never have to use it for the reason we have it, but if so, it will be nice to have some variety.

Did you make the avocado ranch salad wraps? How were they?

Every time I see your name, it reminds me of my sister. I feel like more people are spelling it like that now, but you were the second person I knew to have the "ael" (the first being my sister). So thanks for being my friend so I can remember her.

charlie and kylie said...

Can I please have you come do my hair now? It could use some help...probably my make-up too. Yay for busy moms!