Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Prayer time

It's absolutely amazing how much little children understand. I know I've said it before, but, like...REALLY. They understand a WHOLE LOT more than we give them credit.

(So Wyatt, I KNOW you KNOW when I tell you NO, that you KNOW NO means NO...)

Anyway, this isn't really a new development, but I thought I'd show you because it's so dang cute. Wyatt has always been pretty good about being reverent during prayers, ie he knows to be quiet and will sit still until the prayer is over. And usually, as a family, we hold hands, but that was one thing he WOULD NOT DO. So, in result, we would ask him to fold his arms, put his arms in the right position, and then we would fold our arms and say the prayer. Now, on his own, any time we tell him it's time for a prayer, or if we ask him to fold his arms, he will. And after every prayer is over and we say 'amen' he says "aba." How he gets a 'b' from a 'm' I have no clue...
Love it!!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is SO CUTE!!! And you're right, kids understand a lot. You're raising a sweet little boy. Kepp up your fabulous work :)

Celeste said...

Thats awesome! He is so smart :)

Merkley Jiating said...

He is so cute. Alex doesn't pray with us but once we say Amen he decides he is going to start praying. We need to work of the being reverent part.

Susan said...

That is so cute! I love it, you are right that they do understand so much more than they can communicate that they understand.

Celeste said...

I just showed this post to Adria. When she saw Wyatt's picture she folded her arms. Hahaha! I have yet to get it on camera though...