Thursday, July 26, 2012

craft night

Our girl's-night-out has turned into a craft-project-get-together...which I enjoy immensely.
I really have fun with these artsy crafts, and I'm glad the other girls find such cute ideas on Pinterest
(I've banned myself from Pinterest, knowing I don't have enough time to spend looking at it)

Our first project was painting on a canvas, and this was our second craft. It turned out so cute.
And actually, all of ours turned out really cute, and it's pretty simple too...


We stopped off at Hobby Lobby first to get all our supplies, but all you need is a canvas, paint, and 4-5 pages of 12x12 scrapbook paper (I actually used 7 different pages, haha).
Paint your canvas whatever color, something neutral, that would look good as the background color (I chose "Espresso.")
Cut your paper into 2-3 inch strips, and then cut those strips down into smaller rectangles, another 2-3 inches each. When you've got all your rectangles, cut diagonally from corner to corner to make leaf-shaped petals. I liked that I had bigger petals to start with because then I could cut them down as much as I needed, as I went...
Then, obviously, arrange your petals according to how you like them and hot glue them to the canvas. I had mine set on the canvas before I hot-glued any of them, but you could also just glue as you go...

We ran out of time, but if we hadn't, I think we might have hodge-podged them too...

This is another one that was made that night, by Malu...

No comments: