Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Making my own deco...

So my last post I was talking about great deals...well, here I go again.

I'm really bad at decorating. It's not that I don't like to do it, because I LOVE doing it, but I just don't have the $$$ to do a lot right now. So anyway, I was at Target yesterday with my sister and I came across the cutest baskets in the dollar section (which is genious on Target's behalf). Not only were they super cute AND cheap, but they were the perfect colors for my kitchen. Behold:
They were the perfect brown and the PERFECT yellow. I decided to fill them with daisies (thanks Mom for the idea) and garnish with some ivy. (All the foilage is from Hobby Lobby, each only $1 half off.) Don't mind the missing ivy on the other side, I didn't have enough so I'm going back to get more...oh, and don't mind the lack of decor...like I said, work in progress...



The other piece I worked on was this apothecary jar which I've had sitting on my entertainment center for the past year. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with it, but when we painted the living room, I knew I wanted it to be filled with something to match the paint job...but I could never find anything.

Well, on my trip to Hobby Lobby, while looking in the 50% off floral section I was inspired by these hydrangeas! So I decided to fill it with flowers and marbles. And it turned out really well!

And here's its new home!
(Those stars were also found in the Dollar Section at Target yesterday...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Rachael!

Shannon said...

so cute! i have two of those purple stars! i love them. please invite me and my traveling circus to visit your home. thanks!

Curtis and Dani Welton said...

Cute!!!