Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wyatt's Beach Experience

Oh Wyatt. He loves camping. He does great with car rides that last for hours. He slept all the way through the night even though he would wake up in the morning with frozen hands. And he loves swimming pools, but the ocean and sand was waaaay too different for my poor little dude.

Here we are about to go to the beach for the first time...
...and this is how much he liked it: NOT AT ALL.
I had to hold him the whole time, and when I would walk into the water with the waves, he used his death grip on my arm. He wasn't crying, but he was whining...
The second visit was much better. He was still apprehensive, but at least he would let me put him down.
I tried to get him to play in the sand...
...and then a big wave came and...that was the end.
(random picture, but I thought it was funny...)
The next couple of visits I just let him chill out with family...no playing in the sand and waves...
...but by the end, he decided it wasn't so scary and started playing in the sand. I think it might have been because by the 5th day he was tired of being held and wanted to crawl around, which he did. He still didn't much care for the water, so I left him up in the dry sand...




No comments: